How to keep your carpets clean
There are many ways to keep your carpets clean. An annual full professional carpet clean can be the most effective way to keep carpets clean and in good nick long term, but in- between try following the tips outlined below.
1. Vacuum regularly – This is the most basic way to keep your carpets clean. Vacuum at least once a week, and more often if you have pets or young children.
2. Use a carpet cleaner – There are many carpet cleaners on the market, both liquid and powder. Be sure to read the instructions carefully to avoid damaging your carpets.
3. Clean up spills immediately – Spills can cause staining and odours if not cleaned up quickly. Use a cloth or paper towel to soak up as much of the spill as possible, and then use a carpet cleaner to remove any residue.
4. Blot rather than scrub – When cleaning a spill, blot the area with a cloth or paper towel instead of scrubbing. This will help prevent the spill from spreading.
5. Use walk-off mats – Place walk-off mats at all entrances to your home. These mats will help to remove dirt and moisture from shoes before it can make its way onto your carpets.
6. Elevate furniture – Keep furniture off the carpet as much as possible, especially heavy pieces like couches and dressers. If you do need to place furniture on the carpet, be sure to use protective pads underneath.
7. Use runners in high traffic areas – Place runners with thick pile in high-traffic areas like living rooms and hallways. This will help to disguise any dirt or stains that may accumulate.
8. Regularly clean your vacuum cleaner – Vacuum cleaners can quickly become full of dirt and dust if not cleaned regularly. Remove the filter and shake it outside, and then use a hose to clear out any other debris.
9. Inspect your carpets – Periodically inspect your carpets for signs of wear and damage. If you notice any areas that are stained or damaged, have them cleaned or repaired as soon as possible.
10. Get a professional cleaning – As discussed above, once a year, have a professional carpet cleaner come to your home to clean all your carpets. This will remove any built-up dirt or stains and will help to keep your carpets looking their best.
By following these tips, you can keep your carpets looking clean and fresh for years to come. For more information on how to care for your carpets, please contact your local carpet cleaner. They will be able to provide you with more specific advice based on your individual needs. Thank you for reading!