Bedroom Flooring Guide
Carpet is the most popular choice for bedroom flooring because of the warm and cosy feel it provides. The bedroom is a place of rest and respite, and carpet is the perfect fit not only because it feels good underfoot but is very easy on the eye. When it comes to the winter months there is nothing quite like stepping out of bed onto a soft carpet, it makes the journey to the bathroom a little bit easier!
If you Invest in a thick, luxurious carpets for your bedroom you can be assured that it will last a long time and provide the comfort you need. It’s one of the most affordable flooring options around, with an option to suit most budgets, and it improves energy and sound insulation. Style wise, carpet is hard to beat, as there is almost a never-ending range of patterns, colours, and tones to choose from, so no matter how simple or extravagant your tastes, you can guarantee there is a carpet out there for you.
Benefits of carpet
· Good quality carpet makes the bedroom feel much warmer, cosier, and inviting
· There is a huge range of colours and styles available to suit any type of bedroom
· Sound and heating insulation is instantly increased once a carpet is installed
· No matter your budget you should be able to find a carpet you can afford
· You never have to worry about moisture absorption, warping or bending
Benefits of wooden flooring
· Fits all types of homes to look traditional while still fitting easily into cotemporary bedrooms
· Looks great with rugs and runners to create a cosy, natural aesthetic
· If you have underfloor heating wooden flooring will complement it perfectly
· When you view wooden floors as a long-term investment it offers great value for money
· Engineered wood can also be easily recycled once it reaches the end of its lifecycle
Some people choose laminate flooring as an alternative to real or engineered wooden floors in the bedroom and it offers an excellent finish that looks just like the real thing. Compared to real wood the material is softer and much easier to maintain, and is far more affordable, and when you consider the extensive range of colours, styles and finishes that are available, laminate can be an easy choice to make.
Laminate flooring can reproduce the look of wood, stone, and other natural materials, and unlike real wood, there are no imperfect pieces or defects that will impact the installation. The finish is consistent in appearance and quality and deep embossed variants can create the illusion of wood grain in some cases. It’s a non-allergenic flooring option that benefits people who suffer from hay fever and similar and the installation process is straightforward and relatively hassle-free. And if you decide to change your flooring again in the future, removing laminate flooring is easier compared to carpet or real wood.
Benefits of laminate flooring
· Laminate flooring works well with underfloor heating to maintain energy efficiency
· It’s a cheaper alternative to real or engineered wood with a realistic finish
· Most people should be able to fit laminate flooring without any assistance
· The material is non-allergenic which is helpful for spring and summer time
· In most cases you can easily remove stains and spills to keep the floor looking great